Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I am truely blessed!

My husband and I were just talking the other night about what we use to pray for when we were younger.
I remember praying that God would bless me with lots of children and a husband that would take care of us so I would be able to stay home with them...I may need to repray about the lots of children part, two is plenty right now...my husband use to pray that God would give him a beautiful, sweet, awesome wife *yes I did just exaggerate a little. God gave us both exactly what we wanted...and I am so thankful He did!
We were trying to think about what we did with our time when we didn't have kids...neither of us could recall...and that maybe a good thing. However I did think of things that I never imagined I would be experiencing.

Although this list doesn't even scratch the surface...Here goes...

I never thought that I would... come in contact with poo and pee as much as I do...loose my temper as quick as I have...not get a straight 2 hours of sleep...watch a baby sleeping...have milk squirting out my boob...get so impatient...hold on to my size 2 clothes, thinking that I will eventually get back into them...laugh and have tears in my eyes at the same time...put a baby's foot in my mouth...be so exhausted that I would give anything for a 30 minute nap...let a 2-year old eat Cheetos at 9:00 at night...wear jeans in July because I didn't have time to shave...never get to enjoy a bath by myself...hide in my closet...wake up in the middle of the night to check on my babies...watch Disney movies almost everyday...not care what I look like...dig in the dirt and play tractors...not mind spit up all over me...never get to go to the bathroom alone...make silly faces and sounds to hear a baby laugh...and do it over and over...stay up most of the night worrying...read the John Deere equipment manual to a 2-year old...over and over again...think that my child is the sweetest and the worst child all in the same day...get use to things breaking...be so in love...not mind smelling bad breath in the morning...lay on my living room floor under a sheet spread over some chairs...look forward to every holiday...remember the first and last time my son fell asleep in my arms...

and last but not the last...thank God everyday for what he's given me!

My week consisted of visiting my grandma on Monday. Jackson loves playing with all the trinkets and whatnots...keeps me on my toes the whole time we are there. We stopped by Hobby Lobby on the way home to get cake decorating supplies...I could spend all day in that store...if I didn't have kids with me. Tuesday I took Jack to play with the little girl down the street, then we went to Tuckers and picked out some shrimp. I wanted to boil them but then decided to fry them...we had hush puppies and potato salad too! Jackson couldn't help himself and ate them as they came out the fryer. Wednesday we took a trip to Jambalaya Park (Splash Park) in Gonzales and played with the cousins. The water was a bit cool but didn't keep them from playing! Today will be spent packing, as for tomorrow we are Florida bound. We are visiting more cousins and going to the beach!

As for now... I wish everyone a great Labor Day weekend!!!


Jambalaya Park







1 comment:

  1. I love love love reading your blog. Your thoughts completely resonate with me. You are such a beautiful mother!!! I want to answer your blog with my own 'I thought I never would...' list. It's a perfect way to celebrate the tiniest victories! Keep writing... I love it. xo

    ReplyDelete