Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Wake Up Call

Every now and then I get a 5 AM wake up call from my bed side monitor. I usually dream that some kind of animal has gone rampant in my house. She does this high pitched grunt/strain...the kind that if I tried it, would cause my throat to burn and a hacking cough...but she is completely happy, and can do it for very long periods...I finally give in and go get her...by the way this is my child I'm referring to. I have become a pro at nursing while sleeping...I remember when Jack was born and I could only nurse with pillows strategically propped behind me...and HAD to have that bobby pillow....oh how times have changed! She nurses...and again I wake up to the grunting call....she has decided that she will not go back to sleep. I am in and out of sleep trying to put a nu nu in her mouth....she is 5 months old and she has never taken a nu nu...I was really hoping that on this early morning that today would be the day! Then I hear a faint noise that seems to get closer...sounds like feet slapping the floor...it is....Brother Jack has come to join us! He has brought all 3 of his stuffed animals with him, including his green blanket. I sit up, look over at my peacefully sleeping husband, and....for a few seconds I feel bad...then I shake him and boot him off to the couch...he quickly grabs his pillow and quilt and flees...this is a common scenario in this household and there is not room for seven in a queen size bed...I am counting the stuffed animals too! Avie baby is still working on her call....I don't know who she is calling but it is someone/something. Jack is still squinty eyed and trying to focus in on the source....Avie....ready to play...grabs a wad of his hair...I have to break this up...for I know Jackson will take it to heart! Okay Okay! I am getting up! I head straight to the coffee pot! I don't know how a little body can make so much noise! That is one thing I wish I had the ability to do... is wake up as happy as she does! She if full of smiles and giggles and I wish I could be more into it. After a cup of coffee I do use this time to my advantage....we play....just me and her....read books.....and snuggle! By 6...I am on my second cup and Avie baby is getting restless....all I have to do is put her in her crib...place her blankie in her hands and she is out in no more than two minutes. I so want to crawl back in bed with brother Jack....but I have things that need to be done....but am I doing them....NO. The sight of the dirty laundry sitting on the floor....the dirty dishes from the night before....and all the toys lingering so ever more...what I am trying to say is...none of that interests me...so here is my blog! I could so be a poet!

2 comments:

  1. I love the image of you in bed with your little piglet and big boy... with the poor hubby dragging his quilt behind himself to the couch! Our lives (and hearts) are so similar... and that makes me happy bc I know that there is someone else out there doing their best, too. *your blog has become a little treat for me!!! keeeeeeep writing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lindsey...thanks for motivating me! Trust me...yours is an even bigger treat:) I love love love reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete