Monday, September 28, 2009

1/2 Year!


It's hard to believe this....

grew into this...she actually had more hair!

Avie turned 1/2 a year old on September 27. Crazy how fast these past 6 months have flown by! I am so in love with her...her soft, sweet, delicate manner. The way she makes me work so hard to get a giggle out of her...her bright eyed, melt my heart smile...the way her daddy thinks she's the most beautiful thing he's laid eyes on...her innocent ohhh's and ahhh's....her ability to suck her toes....her bald head...the excitement she gets when I come to get her out of bed....her grunts and calls....how she fits so perfectly in my arms....her love of blankets over her face....and how she thinks she can do everything her brother does, and no matter what he does to her....she loves him unconditionally! She is such a great baby...so perfect in every way:) Mommies are so partial to their children! I've been trying to savor every moment but sometimes I get caught up in the busyness of life...doesn't everyone!? I feel like I have been non stop lately...always having something to do....showers, weddings, birthdays....I think we have something going on for every weekend in October!

Lately I've had a gorilla living in my house! I was grocery shopping the other day with kids in tow...trying to make the rounds and grab my listed items. I ran into an elderly lady from our church...I don't know her extremely well but I know her face and she knows mine. We do the usual small talk..."hey how are you".... she then precedes to tell Jackson hello, in which he promptly greets her with a loud, mouth wide open roar, head flail from side to side, and last but not least fists beating against his chest! I decided that we would put Tarzan at the top of the closet until a later date...maybe next year. I was "slightly" embarrassed! How do you explain that to the elderly. To tell you the truth I don't remember how I justified that...maybe I just smiled and pushed my buggy right along, or maybe I said "Oh look Avie's smiling at you!" Anyway... I am hoping that this need for dominance subsides soon. I did have this quick thought of him being Tarzan for Halloween...but after my mental picture of a two year old thrashing around in a loin cloth, that didn't seem like a good idea!

I finally got all my fall decorations up...I'm so proud of myself and enjoyed every minute of it...the pumpkin lights around my front door...my newly decorated wreath....the creative mantle decor...pumpkin spice candles.... yellow, red, and orange leaves...and of course we had to put out Spidy the spider and Lizzy the black cat to complete our Halloween decor! Yes...I hear all the snickers in the background, but this is what keeps me myself and keeps me exercising that wonderful sense of creativity God gifted me with!

3 comments:

  1. Oh goodness.. Noah is four and he still growls at people in the grocery store! Except he's old enough to get fussed at for it. :)
    I love your blog! I think I couldn't comment before...
    I still think it's so funny that you married Gary/Brandon..(I forgot which goes first). well, not funny..like haha. Funny like neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good! Callie's post made me wonder if you married a guy with split personalities. Bc that would be awesome.ish.

    *I feel like I know your snuggle.bug and your tree.dweller. What happy and hopeful children. Good job, Momma! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I probably could argue that on some days he does have split personalities:)

    ReplyDelete