Monday, May 11, 2009

Thankful for Mommas!

Avie has finally hit the 6 week mark.  She recognizes her mommy and gives me a sweet little smile.  For the most part she is really a good baby.  All I have to compare her to is Jack and he was a great baby, but she definatly has her own personality.  I am beginning to see a little jealousy in Jack, mainly when both Brandon and I are showing Aive attention.  Its a balancing act to try and give both children equal amounts of attention. Some days I am better at it than others.  I am also dealing with this independent stage with Jackson and it requires a lot of patience that I don't have sometimes.  I feel like I am constantly threatening him with the infamous spoon.  It does work but I would like to just have to say "Jack mommy said no, now don't do that."  But in the end, I guess we all would like to just have to say it once and they would listen the first time!  
I had a great Mommas Day.  My sweeties presented me with a lovely homemade card and a 1 hour massage! Cant wait to use that!  I realize everyday that being a mother is something you cant explain to anyone... you just have to experience it yourself.  It really makes me appreciate my own mother.  I don't know how she did it by herself.  I always hope that I am being the best mother that I can be, and even better. I do love the thrills and the heartaches that come with the job...

No comments:

Post a Comment