Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Lullabies


While my kiddos are still asleep, I am enjoying a cup of coffee and slowly waking up.  Avie slept for 6 hours last night... first time for that.  She is so cute and peaceful when she sleeping.  I love watching all of her facial expressions while she sleeps.  They range from smiles, to frowns, to her eyes rolling in the back of her head.  Bro. Jack has been difficult to get to bed lately.  He likes to run and grab his blankets and stuffed animals and bring them all in our bed when he knows its about that time.  I have been having to sit with him and sing him songs to get him to sleep... which I don't mind because I know one of these days he will beg me not to sing to him. Daddy actually tried to put him to bed last night, which ended with Bro. Jack screaming mommyia....mommyia, I want mommyia!  I was standing at the door listening for a while and decided to interrupt when Brandon started singing some song he made up about a choo choo train... in which after the first 3 words he paused, trying to think of a next line.... that didn't work with Bro. Jack!  Good try though Daddyo!  I took over and after 5 minutes he was asleep... he made me feel so special! ...Daddyia says I cheated because I can fit in the train bed with him.
I hope to get some clothes washed today as well as some cleaning done... but its always good to have high hopes.  I do need to try and sew the roof on Bro. Jacks barn today.  I am so glad I have a PVC pipe frame of a barn taking up half of my living room....which is a whole new subject on "my husbands inventions".  For now we'll keep it at that.  I'll post pictures when its done.  
On another note I do have a few pics of my son doing what he loves the most... mowing grass.  I never new a two year old could love to mow grass has much as mine does.  When Daddyia gets home the first thing Bro. Jack says is "Daddyia lets go mow grass," and heads to the door". How can Daddyia resist that cute little voice with much concern for how the yard looks?...So off they go to mow grass together.  I just might get yard of the month this summer with my little man in charge.



No comments:

Post a Comment