Thursday, May 21, 2009

Reasons to shake your head and smile...

I never dreamed that parenthood could be so exhausting, yet so rewarding!  Some days are like roller coaster rides, and some are like elephant rides.  Avie is doing great, shes such a sweet girl.  I went in to check on her one morning to find her wide awake just lying there.  I lend over the bed and told her good morning and she looked into my eyes and smiled the biggest smile... my heart just melted.  Jackson is enjoying her too...when he notices her that is.  He always rubs her head and says, "its okay baby Avie."  He's always trying to console her.  
I had my first trip out by myself last night!  It was a wonderful 15 minutes while it lasted, it ended with my cell phone ringing and me answering to Avie screaming.  I knew it was not good.  Brandon was beyond calm about it and wanted me home right away...this would not be the last phone call.  Since I already had the three things in my cart that I came to get, I just ran to the nearest check out, then ran to the truck, and received another phone call... "Where are you?  She wont stop screaming!  Hurry up!"  Of course everything seems to go in slow motion when your in a hurry.  I managed to catch all the red lights and get behind every car going 30mph!  Finally I made it home, jumped out of the truck and ran inside.  Brandon greeted me at the door with Avie screaming of course lying on a pillow. I still don't know what the purpose of the pillow was and didn't bother to ask.  He immediately fled the scene.  She did finally calm down after a few minutes of consoling her... I guess I have the magic touch.  It actually took more time to calm Brandon down. That will probably be my last free night for a while...
We've been blessed with being healthy and well and recently had a great report with Avie's hips.  We discovered two weeks after her birth that she had a right hip that was loose, not as severe as Jacks.  She wore the harness for 4 weeks and the ultrasound revealed that her angles are normal... Praise God!  We go back for a follow up in two months.  Here are a few pics of the sweetness.  





No comments:

Post a Comment