Thursday, May 28, 2009

Phases and stages

... Both kiddos are finally down for a nap.  Jackson fell asleep watching cartoons and Avie is in her crib asleep.  I started putting her down for naps in her crib, just so she gets used to sleeping in it.  I have so much to do on my list today...clean bathrooms, sweep, vacuum, mop...but I'd much rather blog instead.  
It feels like we have had such a busy week.  The memorial weekend flew by...we had a birthday party on Saturday, Sunday we went to church, which was pointless.  For the first time Jackson threw a fit and did not want to go to Sunday School.  I sat and played with him for a while, but he would not let me leave, and he never has done that.  He wanted to go in a different classroom, so he found one across the hall where the kids were crawling through tunnels with flashlights.  He started playing, so I told him I was going to my class and he seemed okay with it.  Well....10 minutes later someone came and got me.  He was crying uncontrollably.  After I settled him down I just sat in his class with him until church let out.  I have been noticing a change in him lately....and obviously its the new baby.  I am just trying to deal with it the best that I can.  He is not playing well with others, acting out a lot, and he is regressing in his potty training.  All are things that can be expected with a new baby....I just thought we were going to get away without experiencing it all.  However, I really should be thankful, because he hasn't tried to do anything that would harm Avie...besides put a corn chip in her mouth.  I can trust him with her when I am not in the room.... and that I should be grateful for.  
Sunday afternoon Jackson went to my moms and spent the night.  I enjoyed spending time with Avie...snuggling with her, rocking and singing to her.  I also enjoyed spending time with my honey. Monday morning I picked Jack and Tottie up at moms work.  We spent the day outside mostly and grilled chicken that evening.  It was a beautiful day!  
Some friends of ours from Shreveport, came and stayed the night Tuesday.  They have a little boy that is Jacks age, so they had a good time playing together...when Jack wasn't being a bully.  But it was a good opportunity to teach Jack how to play with others and the consequences of not playing nice.  Its trying to get through this stage without beating him, that's the hard part, and convincing my husband that it IS just a stage he's going through.  






No comments:

Post a Comment