Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Can I vent....just a little....

I often ponder the reasoning that, because I am such a laid back person, that in turn, my kids run rampant, or, God has made me a laid back person so that I can handle rampant children....not real sure which one, but I'd like to think that God has given me an easy going personality so that I can handle my high strung children.

Avie is a climber, and this is a first for me, because Jackson was pretty much immobile for the first year of his life, and by the time he was able to climb, he was well past the age for climbing...But Avie, she is my dare-devil! No 15 month old should be able to climb up a bar stool, onto the counter top, open my cabinets and pull coffee mugs onto the floor...And this is all within a 1 minute time period...if thats even a "time period"! I find her on top of the table, typing on the computer....on top of the coffee table, throwing magazines on the floor, on top of my bed, then on to my nightstand digging her fingernails into my lip gloss! She gets into anything and everything! And yes I do try the pop on the bottom, but that doesn't phase her...she'd rather take the pop on her bottom any day over giving up climbing! It's gotten to the point that when she is "caught" she prepares herself for the pop!

We have also entered the sibling rivalry stage! I thought that I would be spared a few more years until it got intense, but I think we hit that mark a little early. Avie wants everything Jack has and Jack wants everything Avie has, and if Avie doesn't get it, she does this high pitch wail....that works really good, and if Jack wants it, he just takes it! If Avie really wants to get even, she climbs on top of Jacks train table...while Jack is pushing around tractors on the floor...and throws train tracks at him below...shes got a pretty good aim too! So...I've been reteaching sharing all over, and other values that go along with brotherly and sisterly love...but that seems to just blow right out the window. I just know that I am going to be coined as "the neighbor yeller", because lately thats all I do is yell at my kids!

I guess I need to end on a happy note....We were shopping in home depot today, and the kids usually ride in the "race car buggy," because they think its cool to have a steering wheel and pretend to drive around the store.....but I do have to admit, that I feel like a sumo wrestler trying to push that thing around the store....especially when its loaded down! The other day I ran into a ceiling fan display and thought the whole thing was going to come down on us...luckily we were spared....I just smiled at on lookers and ducked my head down thinking...."I am such an idiot!" Anyway....I was looking at the paint, and Jackson is hard at work steering the buggy...and to add to the experience, it seems he thought that his race car needed some tunes. So, not completely paying attention, I hear him, and his new beat he's got going. I grab a can of paint and walk back over to the buggy to hear Jack bust out with..."Smile for me momma, lemme see ya grill"! I tried to hold back the laughter, but just couldn't! Where in the world did you hear that?....Daddy taught me that song! A special thanks goes to my husband for letting him listen to secular music! Way to go daddy-o, now our son is going to be asking his sunday school teacher to show him her grill!

We are heading out tomorrow for Percy Quinn. We are going for Brandon's family reunion...so say a little prayer for me....I'm just kidding....I couldn't choose a better group of in-laws!




Playin in the Rain....
yes...I do notice Avie sucking on the hose...



Cake I made for sister in law's baby shower.



2 comments:

  1. Girl vent all you want! Sometimes we just need that :) And of course I LOVE the cake! I think you should teach our next cake class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I think that's your best cake yet. After the dino of course

    ReplyDelete