Thursday, July 29, 2010

My good friend ask me to make a cake and cupcakes for her son's John Deere birthday party. I was very honored and excited to take the challenge. She did an awesome job decorating and I just had to share a few pictures. The party was perfect and the kids had a great time!

Click to play this Smilebox collage



We have a busy weekend ahead of us...Brandon is taking Jackson camping and I will be attending a sweet little girls birthday party as well as two baby showers for my sister in law....my little nephew will be here soon.

Here are a few random pictures of our days in July....



Playing with friends...in the new addition to our "treeless" tree house

Cuties

Cooling off with some watermelon

Avie...enjoying a peach!

A little sour....


We were able to travel with Brandon to Lake Charles....
we stayed in a cabin at Sam Houston State Park



Jackson and Kameron looking at raccoons and deer

Lots of wildlife...and you could actually walk up and feed them!

This park had a boardwalk over the swamp
and a little alligator friend that we fed way too much!





3 comments:

  1. Wow - great job on the cake!!! A friend of mine is having a john deere party soon so I will have to send her a link to your blog. Did you make the cupcake toppers yourself? Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, great pictures! Thanks for taking some for me! I absolutely loved the cake! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Nicole. Can you tell me how you got the icing to look like that on the cupcakes? Was it a particular tip you used? And how did you get the colors so bright and dark? I'd like to do some similar for Addison's birthday, but in purple and gold to look like pom poms. I found some toppers on Etsy, but I'd like to try to make those too. You can email me if you want cstrahan522@gmail.com. Thanks girl!

    ReplyDelete