Monday, November 5, 2012

October Festivities

.....and October starts the busiest 3 months of the year.  I think we have something every weekend from now until 2013!  I am now 25 weeks, but look like I'm 35 weeks! I cant express how huge I feel!  I've also tacked on a few more stretch marks to go along with the others.  The kids argue over who gave me what marks.....and I tell them that this baby has beat them both!  I've been feeling really good and I think the weather is to blame.  I started off October by making a baby shower cake for a friend of mine's sister.  I've been telling people no for the past 4 months on cake orders and now that I am feeling better the cake making is starting to pick up.


The next weekend we went camping with our good friends at Chicot State Park.  The weather was awesome. It was actually the first weekend we got a cool front in.  We enjoyed sitting by the fire and taking "short" walks!  We carved pumpkins, and the kids even got to go trick or treating one night.  They  had a blast.  We also had a visit from a raccoon that got into Brandon's truck from a window that Jack left down!  It got into our McDonald scraps and my purse!  I had a whole bag of cough drops and it unwrapped and ate each one.....talk about a serious cough! I was just glad my bank card and license was still there. On the way home we found cute little paw prints in bar b que sauce all over Brandon's truck!





This is what kids do when you try to take a group picture!
The lake was beautiful!
Avie is going to be an awesome mom  big sister....she made sure
Kellan stayed out of trouble! 

Jack dressed up as "Punchinello" for book character day.  He's a character from one of our favorite books, You Are Special, By Max Lucado.  He said everyone thought he was Peter Pan!

Avie had a Halloween Party at her school and the parents were invited to come.  They sang Halloween songs, played games, and had lunch.  It was fun to meet all her little friends that she talks about playing with.  They sang about 15 Halloween songs (didn't even know there could be that many songs about Halloween) and shes been singing them everyday/all day for the past month, so I couldn't wait to video tape her singing!  I pretty much wasted my video tape, because she might have mouthed two words during the 15 minutes she was up there! 

This is her "Taylor" look!
 Video

For Halloween we dressed up as the Monsters Inc. crew.  Jackson was Sully, Avie was Boo, and I was Mike, the eyeball.  We had so much fun!  I just wonder if all the hours I spent making Boo's costume was worth the two hours she was in it!  Although.... she was the cutest Boo I've ever seen and Jackson was a pretty cute Sully!




That concludes the festivities for the month of October....stay tuned for November!

No comments:

Post a Comment