Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Love Day

We had a very happy valentines day....jack and I had a baking session, and baked everything from chocolate brownie cupcakes with butter cream icing to peanut butter balls, covered in chocolate and sprinkles, and heart shaped suckers with candy canes, filled with white chocolate and various sprinkles.  I did attempt to bake earlier that day with both kids... to let them participate in making valentine treats for their friends.....that ended with avie pouring out half of the box of flour, so I just quit.  I do hate that I have ocd traits in me, and end up arguing with my kids on where to strategically place the hearts on the cupcakes/suckers.  But I feel that I did my best to lay off this time....except with the flour incident....we moved on to the suckers, and I let her do the sprinkles.

These are the cupcakes....
                                     

Peanut butter balls....

and suckers....
 
 By the way....I am still sweeping up sprinkles!


 Valentine treats from mommy & daddy!

 Treats from Nana

We celebrated the evening with heart shaped pancakes and sausage.

And what a way to end the day, other than snuggled up with 
daddy, watching his new movie from Nana, Where the Red
Fern Grows....I don't think he made it past the opening credits!

And Avie all snug with her new addition to her
baby doll/stuffed animal collection.


I was very impressed with my husbands ability to think creatively this Valentines Day....we were to only spend $5.00 on each other.  He presented me with "Mason" money and a menu of items that I could "purchase" with my "Mason" money.....like massage, automotive, household, and miscellaneous services   Needless to say....I will have a hard time choosing. I am almost tempted to counterfeit the "Mason" money.


I hope everyone had a LOVELY Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

  1. You are so creative!!! Youre little ones will have so many fun memories...such a good mommy. Like the little man's new bed, looks great! And boy am I way impressed with that hubby of yours!!! Spend wisely LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete