Monday, June 21, 2010

Vacation...and the weeks leading up to it!

Wheeww! It's been a busy 3 weeks....and I'll tell you all about it!


Week one started off with making a graduation cake....




Then I made a birthday cake....



And decorated for VBS. This years theme was western, so I had fun collecting saddles, ropes, horse shoes, making cacti, and all sorts of other western decor. I wish I had taken some pictures of our room....it turned out so cute! We had a great class of 4 year olds, and I really enjoyed getting to know each child. It amazes me that at such an early age they have a desire to learn and know about Jesus!

During week 2 I taught the 4 year old VBS class! Jackson and Avie both participated in VBS. This was Jacksons first time to do something like this....and I also made sure he wasn't in MY class! I made that mistake for Wee Rock, and he was terrible! I enjoyed peeking in on him and seeing him have a great time with his friends! He can act so different when he is around kids his age...I guess thats a good thing!


Near the end of week 2, I made another birthday cake....well two actually....




And then I packed for 4 people for our 8 day trip....that's all! Our first stop was in Monroe, LA for a wedding....the next stop....Branson, Missouri for 2 days....and last but not least, a 4 day trip to Petit Jean Mountain, Arkansas! It sounds crazy, but we had a great time...the kids especially! I think going anywhere with a 3 year old and a 1 year old is stressful, but to make it through traveling long hours in the car and being in new places....they really did good.

It was our first time to visit Branson and it was very worth seeing. Jackson went to the famous Silver Dollar City with my parents, and from the talk about it, he really had a good time. We went out to eat....many times, took the kids to a small amusement park, played miniature golf, went shopping, had some of Andy's frozen custard, went to Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede, visited Table Rock Lake, and did lots of site seeing!


Here are a few pics


Avie dancing to the Charlie Brown theme song

Jack and Zack riding the tea cups

Jack's in the red basket


Miniature Golf at Dinosaur Canyon






Dolly Partons Dixie Stampede


Looking at the horses before the show

We had great seats!

We were all amazed at how amazed Avie was!



Avie with her souvenir!


I'm going to post about the trip to Arkansas in another blog. I think I'm bogging down my blog with too many pictures! It's giving me all kinds of errors when I try to up load new pictures....or it may just be the operator!




No comments:

Post a Comment